In our post-Christian world, health care and faith have become disagreeable. We're told they don't go together and shouldn't be mixed.
The problem is, life can't be compartmentalized. If we don't integrate our lives, we'll be broken.
Addison Bevere joins Dr. Mark Sherwood in this podcast episode to help you rethink what Christianity really is and how it relates to healthcare. When these two things collide, you'll be on the path to wholeness.
In this episode, you'll discover:
—What does the word "Christian" really mean?
—Why we don't have the patience and vision for wholeness.
—How to experience wholeness.
—Why community and connection are essential for health.
—The importance of forgiveness and reconciliation.
—How to embrace the tension of living counterculturally.
"The word 'Christian' has become a cultural term that has lost its meaning. Actually, most people see it in a negative way. If you look at the New Testament, the word 'Christian' is only used three times. And it's actually used in a disparaging sense ...
"If you look at the apostle Paul's letters in the Bible, he actually refers to us as 'saints.' When we think of a saint, we think of people several notches above us. But the reality is, all of us are called to be saints. It's a mission that energizes us and gives us purpose.
"When Jesus walked the earth, He didn't help people manage their diseases and conditions with pills. He healed them!
"We don't understand that we were created for wholeness. We think we have to manage our brokenness. The problem is, we're looking for a quick fix when we need to submit to the process of becoming whole.
"We always try to segment or compartmentalize who we are as people. Yet everything we do has ramifications across the board. Until we start to see our entire lives as integrated, we're going to be broken."
Mark Sherwood, naturopathic doctor (ND), is on a mission to help you achieve wellness in every area of your life. Dr. Mark and his wife, Michele L. Neil-Sherwood, DO, have a successful medical practice, the Functional Medical Institute; have a television and radio program; and provide resources, including their Amazon bestseller, The Quest for Wellness; nutrition plans; fitness instructional videos and helpful mental and emotional steps to provide relief from stress and to help people form better habits so they can live well.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details