One of the daughters of popular Christian speaker and author Jen Hatmaker, who a few years ago made waves when she embraced the lifestyles of the LGBT community, recently revealed she is gay.
At the introduction of the lengthy conversation between Hatmaker and her daughter Sydney, the For the Love podcast host said the episode was not "an announcement," because her family has known for quite some time that Sydney is homosexual. It was, though, the first time she'd shared the revelation with her listeners and readers.
Sydney told Hatmaker she knew she was gay at around 12 years old, admitting she had "pretend" crushes on boys growing up.
Hatmaker's daughter said she struggled intensely with her faith and sexual orientation for years, noting the "nail in the coffin" was when she was Googling different theological perspectives on homosexuality and came across an article that referenced her mother as "loving" toward the LGBT community, but not "affirming."
For the rest of the article, please visit faithwire.com.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.