The foundations of The Strategic Prayer Initiative (SPI) can be traced back to the underground war rooms in London, where Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his staff tracked the strategy and logistics of the British elements of the Second World War.
Years ago, about one month after these rooms were made available for the first time as a public museum, the founder of SPI was sovereignly led to this surreal military bunker. While the tour guide explained how pin pricks on the great world map came from tracking supply convoys and escort ships across the Atlantic, an intense thought came into this young man's head: We, the Christian church, believe that we are in a spiritual war, yet we don't fight it this way! (Eph. 6:12, 1 Pet. 2:11, 2 Cor. 10:2-7, Dan. 10:12-14).
During World War II, a war in which 40 million to 65 million people lost their lives, Churchill's cabinet addressed their circumstances with the utmost seriousness and focus. They planned extensively concerning their offensive and defensive positions. As little as possible was left to chance. They spent thousands of untold hours systematically and strategically laying out their courses of action. Some individuals and churches in the U.S. are effective in engaging in spiritual warfare, but the average American Christian spends only a very modest amount of time strategically shouldering some of the responsibility for the battles that rage in the spiritual world. Independent research of almost 4,000 individuals strongly indicates that the preponderance of American Christians are unsatisfied with their present prayer lives and want to improve, if it is not too burdensome.
Through researching the key obstacles to prayer and building tools to overcome them, SPI has developed systems and strategies that can work for any sincere Christian. Learn more at spiprayer.org and click here to listen to the first episode of the strategic prayer series on Charisma Connection.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details