The world's largest religious television broadcaster, TBN, is helping churches navigate the global coronavirus pandemic by training pastors and leaders how to use Facebook Live as a platform for streaming their worship services. Public health officials have warned against large gatherings such as church services to limit the spread of COVID-19, forcing congregations to either shut down or find a way to stream their weekly services. But recent research shows that 41% of churches have never posted any portion of their services online, leaving many now scrambling to adapt to a quarantine culture.
In a 15-minute online tutorial titled "How to Stream Your Church Service Using Facebook Live," TBN walks pastors through each step in the streaming process, offering helpful tips on how to move church meetings to a digital format. The webinar is free to pastors and ministry leaders who sign up through an online form via the TBN website here.
"Our heart is for the Good News of Jesus to reach the globe, and we want to equip local churches with the best practices for Facebook Live streaming, to include things we've learned as a broadcasting company," said TBN Marketing Director Nate Daniels. "It's important for congregations to find ways to connect digitally right now, and we hope churches will consider this as part of their solution."
Nona Jones, Facebook's head of faith-based partnerships, noted that COVID-19 has presented an unprecedented challenge to churches that have long based ministry models on in-person attendance. "Now that in-person attendance isn't an option, it's critical for leaders to understand how to fully use social technology so the work of ministry can still happen," said Jones. "People need hope more than ever, and now they need to find hope online."
Trinity Broadcasting Network is the world's largest and most watched faith-and-family broadcaster, reaching over 175 nations across the earth with inspirational and entertaining programming 24 hours a day in 14 languages and on 32 global networks. As the world's most influential non-profit religious broadcaster, TBN has led the way in expanding the impact of faith-based television across the earth through the creation of innovative content designed to reach every viewer demographic with the life-changing message of hope and grace. To find out more about the TBN Networks, visit us at tbn.org. And follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @tbn.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer