Hailey Baldwin Bieber credits faith in Jesus Christ as the foundation for her marriage to Justin Bieber.
"Being able to share that with each other—to have that bond of faith and spirituality—is so [critical] for us," Hailey said in her ELLE cover story. "It's the most important part of our relationship, following Jesus together, being a part of the church community together. It's everything."
The young supermodel was unashamed to share just how significant faith has been throughout her life.
"As I got older, it got harder to follow church and the Bible because it felt very adult. I don't want to sound wrong, but it was boring. I didn't care about it anymore, until I found a church I felt was geared toward young people. And for me, that was the Hillsong Church in New York City," Hailey said. "It started to feel like my own little community of people who were also young and following God and just immersed in a church community. Then I developed my own relationship to church and my own relationship with God, separate from being raised that way by my parents. That's been a cool journey for me."
The young wife also said faith was her saving grace when she and Justin first legally wed at a courthouse. At the time, Justin had yet to be diagnosed with Lyme disease.
"When we first got married, we were just figuring out our life together. I felt like putting a wedding in the middle of all of that would be really hectic and stressful," Hailey said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer