Because America promotes the ideas of gender fluidity, macroevolution and moral relativism, which were not the ideas of the original Founders, we will inevitably run into problems. Evangelist Alex McFarland says that unless we have a "moral revival," our U.S. Constitution will fall.
"One of the dangers in our world is that the copious observance of the First Amendment prohibition against the establishment of religion has resulted in the abandonment of morality," McFarland says. "Now, natural law goes back for thousands of years. And you've heard the Founders would talk about the laws of nature and nature's God, the God of nature is not like worshipping trees or something. But when the Founders and everybody from Aristotle to Thomas Jefferson talked about nature's God, what they meant was there was a Creator and there are some specific ways that the world operates.
"Now let me be very practical: Natural law in our era speaks to things like male and female. There are genetic females; there are genetic males—XX chromosome females, XY chromosome males. ... If it's a baby conceived, that baby is going to be a human being; that baby is not going to be a squirrel or a kitten or a goldfish. ... Nowadays with gender fluidity is the idea that people don't have a gender, that gender is something you choose, rather than something that's biologically determined, that puts us on very dangerous ground."
If our culture rejects natural law, the very foundations of our country will crumble, McFarland says on the "Greenelines" podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. The Founders of America made decisions based off their faith in the Bible, so the reality that the U.S. today does not on the whole follow biblical morality means we're going to have to be even better prepared to defend our faith, McFarland says.
To hear more about apologetics and fighting for revival in America, listen to the rest of the episode here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details