Bishop Harry Jackson and Kenneth Copeland Ministries (KCM) are joining together to lead by example to show #KindnessMatters and spur a nationwide movement of others doing acts of kindness in a time when political, racial and religious tensions continue to grow.
The campaign began Nov. 6 at Bishop Jackson's Hope Christian Church with more than 150 individuals packaging 22,000 meal kits provided by Feeding Children Everywhere. The kits will be distributed in the Washington, D.C., area by Capital Area Food Bank.
In addition to packaging meals, the organizations will be providing low-income families with financial assistance and gas for vehicles just in time for the busiest travel day of the year, Thanksgiving.
"Many people think in order to make a difference and to help people they have to donate a large amount of money or do a grand gesture but that is not true," said Jackson. "Sometimes the simplest act of kindness, like packing these meals, being a listening ear, paying for a cup of coffee or opening a door, can make a world of difference. The most important thing we can do, especially in today's world, is show some kindness."
Additionally, KCM provided approximately 20 families identified by Hope Christian Church as being in financial need with gift cards to ease the demands of the holiday season.
"Jesus commands us to love our neighbor as ourselves," said Bradi Van Noy Hays, director of marketing and communications strategies for KCM. "Kindness is something we can and should all give freely. It is something every one of our neighbors deserves regardless of their political beliefs, religion or ethnicity."
About Hope Christian Church
Hope Christian Church, located in Beltsville, Maryland, is a multiethnic, intergenerational congregation of people from all walks of life and 23 nations. Led by Bishop Harry Jackson, the church's mission is to turn the hearts of youth and families to God and each other, help believers develop their God-given potential in order to win in every area of our lives and advance the kingdom of God, first through circles of influence then to the nations abroad. For information, visit thehopeconnection.org.
About Kenneth Copeland Ministries
Kenneth Copeland Ministries' purpose is to mature believers worldwide in the use of their faith. Founded nearly 52 years ago by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, KCM has been passionately teaching Christians all over the world how to apply the principles of faith found in God's Word to their lives. KCM has seven ministry offices around the world: United States, Canada, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Ukraine and Latin America. For more information, visit kcm.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details