Hercules hero Kevin Sorbo has made a name for himself in faith-based circles as he creates movies that prominently feature faith, freedom and patriotism.
His latest, The Reliant, is in theaters for a special one-night-only event on Oct. 24.
According to the Movieguide® review:
THE RELIANT is an exciting adventure movie about the five children of survivalist Christian parents in Ohio separated from their mother and father when the social order collapses. The children hide in the woods from a man who is out for revenge against their father, a doctor who failed to save the man's injured daughter at the hospital where the father works. As the days pass, the elder brother begins to doubt they can hide in the woods forever. He also begins to doubt the family's strong Christian faith.
THE RELIANT has a great cast of young actors. The ensemble is supported by fine performances from several veterans, including Kevin Sorbo. The script is well written and contains lots of intense, exciting action/adventure and depth. THE RELIANT promotes both Christian faith and American liberty. The movie is filled with wonderful references to God, Jesus and Scripture, plus some prayers and hymns. It also has a well-written subplot asserting the need for the Second Amendment. THE RELIANT has no obscene or lewd content, but lots of gun violence and intense moments that warrant caution for children.
The movie will inspire and encourage audiences with its passion for patriotism, which seems to contrast with many of the movies Hollywood has churned out recently.
For Sorbo, though, impressing Hollywood isn't on his agenda.
"Hollywood doesn't really owe me anything," Sorbo told Fox News. "I mean, I've had a great career within Hollywood, and since then, I've been doing independent films. I'm not out here to make them hire me. If they want to hire me, I'm more than happy to work with them. I don't cause any problems on the set. I've got a great reputation."
He continued, "I've worked in so many TV shows and movies through my 30 years in the business. You'd be hard-pressed to find one person to say that I was not professional in the set. I love to be in the set. I have fun in the set. I joke around with everybody in the set. We have a good time. So, it's easy to throw those labels out there, but most of the time it'd be a hard time to justify it."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details