Lauren Daigle won multiple awards yesterday at the 50th Gospel Music Association's Dove Awards.
Daigle won Artist of the Year, Song of the Year for her hit song "You Say" and Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year for Look Up Child, according to the Dove Awards' list of winners.
This is Daigle's second Artist of the Year win in a span of three years, according to Fox News.
The awards show, which is set to air on TBN this Sunday at 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST, showcased a series of top Christian performers, including Casting Crowns, Matthew West, GAWVI, Tedashii, Jekalyn Carr and more. Meanwhile, Pat Boone, Chonda Pierce, Francesca Battistelli, Jeremy Camp, Kari Jobe, for KING & COUNTRY and other renowned Christian artists served as presenters that night.
Daigle went into the night with six nominations, the most of any other performer, followed by for KING & COUNTRY and Kirk Franklin, both of whom had five.
The 28-year-old singer broke the record for the longest reign on Billboard's Hot Christian Songs chart earlier this month. "You Say" sat in the top spot for 64 weeks, beating Hillsong UNITED's previous record of 61 weeks with "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)."
"You Say" first hit No. 1 on the Christian chart in July of last year. The song, which Daigle co-wrote with Jason Ingram and Paul Mabury, came from her album Look Up Child and reminds listeners that their identity is in Jesus Christ, not in what they or others think about them.
The song set yet another record in August when it hit the No. 1 spot on Billboard's Adult Contemporary radio airplay chart. "You Say" is the first song to make a crossover from a Christian chart to a secular one as it did.
As Daigle's music grows in popularity, it's gaining the attention of some secular stars.
Pop singer Selena Gomez recently praised Daigle for her "anointing that bursts out ferociously in her voice, words and music." Gomez called Daigle and her music "a blessing," to which Daigle responded, "Love you girl."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details