Like many pastor's kids, Cora Jakes Coleman, eldest daughter of the Rev. T.D. Jakes, grew up knowing the Sunday school answers. "I had been very good at mastering faith forever and really pushing others to believe and trust that God had it all figured out. And it was going to be OK," she says.
But then infertility hit. "It struck my faith. It struck everything I believed, everything that I trusted about God. Everything that I thought was good and lovely about God turned into barrenness and darkness and brokenness," she tells Dr. Steve Greene on the "Greenelines" podcast.
That's when Coleman truly became a ferocious warrior. "Where some people will fight against the knowledge of God, I decided to challenge the Word of God and apply it to my situation in a different kind of way. ... I decided to analyze my situation to figure out the strategy of the enemy so I would be able to tell others the strategy as well."
Coleman shares that strategy and more in her new book, Ferocious Warrior: Dismantle Your Enemy and Rise (Charisma House, 2019). "The whole movement behind Ferocious Warrior is a new hashtag: #thedevilisadummy," she says.
That hashtag, Coleman says, means "We have to stop allowing our situation to become smarter than our state. We have to stop allowing those attacks that come at us to become stronger than the God and the power we have working on the inside of us. ... when you begin to look at things as, Oh, I must be a threat to the enemy ... you begin to walk in a different type of authority."
To discover how you can dismantle the enemy's strategies and become a ferocious warrior yourself, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details