Today's young people are facing challenges many of their parents and grandparents never knew. Identifying with the children, teens and young adults they love can be difficult, but Times Square Church pastor and author Carter Conlon says there is one thing these parents can do.
Conlon's new book, It's Time to Pray, focuses on what Christians can do to bring healing, revival and true life change through fervent and sincere prayers to God.
"Young people are being pulled in so many directions—toward the world's ways and away from God's teachings," Conlon said. "They are told by the world what is right, such as the validation of certain lifestyles, what is correct in matters of gender, whom they should tolerate and whom they should hate. Parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and Christian teachers may sometimes feel powerless when they see all that today's youth are facing.
"But if we have the desire to be godly leaders and examples in our kids' lives, God will look upon our hearts and see our strengths, weaknesses, fears and doubts," Conlon continued. "When we face difficult situations, such as knowing how to parent and lead in this very complex world, God will show us the answers, protect our children and help us to do what we have been afraid to. We can rely on God's strength instead of our own in these difficult times. God's supernatural strength will get the job done."
Times Square Church in Manhattan is an interdenominational congregation with more than 10,000 people in attendance who represent over 100 different nationalities. Conlon continues to be a voice for God far beyond the pulpit of Times Square Church by speaking at numerous conferences across the country and around the world.
Conlon's weekly radio spots air on 1010 WINS, the nation's longest-running all-news station, and his one-minute devotionals, "It's Time to Pray," and 30-minute program, "A Call to the Nation," are currently syndicated on over 350 Christian radio stations worldwide. He is the author of several books, including The 180-Degree Christian, Fear Not and Unshakable.
For more information on "It's Time to Pray," released by GPC Books, an imprint of Times Square Church's partnership with Charisma House, visit ItsTimeToPrayBook.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer