Imagine if you were famous in hell. Demons gathered to discuss your name. The devil thought of you on a daily basis. Would that make you feel good? Internationally renowned author and theologian R. T. Kendall says it should in his new book Popular in Heaven, Famous in Hell (Sept. 4, 2018).
Kendall cites Acts 19:15b (NIV) when the demon said to the imposter, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know."
"That the demons would affirm Paul like this tells you all you need to know about Paul," Kendall says. "If the devil hates Paul, that is the highest recommendation Paul could get!"
Popular in Heaven, Famous in Hell lays out two qualifications for being famous in hell. But Kendall goes further to say how being a threat to Satan's interests is not enough. You need to be popular in heaven. You need to base your decisions on what God thinks of you—even if it means risking your reputation on earth.
Kendall writes on how you can live a life that both pleases God and terrifies Satan. Learn to stop valuing your reputation with people more than your reputation with God. After all, "What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" (Mark 8:36).
Ruth Graham of Ruth Graham Ministries says, "If you are wanting easy solutions or something to make you comfortable in your Christian life, then put this book down! This book is dangerous for those who want to remain in their comfort zones. It will shake you to your foundation! It did me."
About R.T. Kendall: R.T. Kendall was the pastor of Westminster Chapel in London, England, for 25 years. Born in Ashland, Kentucky, he was educated at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (M.Div.) and Oxford University (D.Phil.). Dr. Kendall is the author of more than 60 books, including Total Forgiveness; Holy Fire; Pigeon Religion: Holy Spirit, Is That You?; The Sensitivity of the Spirit; Grace; and The Anointing: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details