Fixer Upper's Joanna Gaines is opening up about the highs and lows of her latest pregnancy, and why she believes having a baby at 40 was a "gift."
The Gaines family welcomed Crew Gaines into the world on June 21. While this latest pregnancy may have been unexpected, it came at the perfect time.
"Chip and I made a choice to take some time off this past year because it seemed best for us in that season—even though we knew it would stretch us to stay still," she writes in the fall edition of the Magnolia Journal magazine. "Only a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant."
The last time the Gaines were pregnant was eight years ago when they brought their fourth child, Emmie, into the world. This pregnancy presented new challenges.
"I am 40, and pregnancy this time was different," she says. "I have always really enjoyed being pregnant—I tend to feel my best during those nine months. This time I felt a little more worn out than usual."
Despite feeling more tired than usual, Gaines appreciated living life at a slower pace.
"It's sweet how, even in the most unpredictable ways, we're given exactly what we need for that exact moment in time. It wasn't something I could have anticipated. But being pregnant and 'forced' to slow down has been a gift," she shares.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.