Alerting all parents! Many have found the animated program, Doc McStuffins, to be a clean show; 1MM has recently found that this to be no longer true. In a first for Disney Junior, an upcoming episode of Doc McStuffins airing this Saturday morning, August 5, 2017, will feature a family with two moms. The preview clearly states "the doll family" consists of two females and two children. One mother and child get separated from the other mother and child but reunite in the end with a family hug. The plot of the story is the family gets separated in an earthquake because they do not have an emergency plan.
This should not come as a surprise since the show's creator and executive producer of the series, Chris Nee, is lesbian and has stated in an online interview that she will instill subtle messages about sexual orientation into the storyline:
Interview question: Even though this is a kid's show and we're not going to see gay storylines, how do you instill subtle messages about acceptance and how people are different? Is that always in the back of your head when doing these shows?
Chris Nee: Definitely. My son [Theo] has two moms, and it's a huge part of my life as a human being, and it's been an incredible part of the way that I see the world and the way I see characters and the way I want to create characters who are incredibly accepting of each other and whatever is happening in their life. I think that I work very hard on creating the family of friends. I like to create a world that's a world of friends who are just extraordinary at supporting each other in whatever they've doing—my own biological family is an amazing family but I think that classic story of gay kids is that you end up creating that family of friends, and that's always reflected in my work.
Disney Channel has questionable content at times, especially when it portrays kids showing disrespect towards parents and adults. However, many still consider it a family-friendly channel since it is a network created for children, particularly the Disney Junior division, which is primarily for preschoolers.
But this is not a first for Disney Channel. During the finale of Good Luck Charlie in 2014, a family with two moms was showcased as the focal point of the episode.
This past spring on Disney XD, a Star vs. the Forces of Evil episode featured a scene at a boy band concert where several people, including same sex couples, kiss on cue with the music.
Controversial topics and lifestyle choices should be left up to the parents to discuss, and Disney Junior should not introduce this to young children. Just because an issue may be legal or because some are choosing a lifestyle doesn't make it morally correct. Disney should stick to entertaining and providing family-friendly programming instead of pushing an agenda.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details