International evangelist Greg Laurie warned that many believers are approaching a John 15:20 tipping point, if they aren't there already.
"If you are a true believer, you will face persecution in some fashion," Laurie writes in a recent Facebook post. "The word 'persecute' means 'to be chased down, driven away and pursued.' The good thing about it is that persecution can help you grow strong spiritually."
Laurie details how Christianity has flourished, despite Satan's attempts to destroy it.
Secular historians agree that there were 10 great persecutions against the church, 10 major attempts to wipe out Christianity, starting with the wicked Caesar Nero and ending with Diocletian. Believers were fed alive to wild animals. They were taken to Roman arenas for sport. They were torn apart. They were tortured. They were burned at the stake.
Diocletian thought he was so successful in obliterating Christianity from the face of the earth that he actually had a special medal struck, which was inscribed with these words: "The Christian religion is destroyed and the worship of the [Roman] gods restored."
Needless to say, Diocletian was wrong. Instead of becoming weaker during this time of persecution, the church actually grew stronger. Instead of being destroyed, it became a lean, mean preaching machine. Persecution can have that effect.
The pastor, author and speaker is behind one of the largest modern evangelism outreaches: The Harvest Crusades.
At Harvest America in June, nearly 3,000 attendees gave their lives to Christ. SoCal Harvest, next month, will feature prominent Christian artists, including David Crowder and Lecrae.
Part of what draws so many people to Laurie's events and sermons is his authenticity.
When it comes to the trials of the Christian faith, the evangelist refuses to mince words.
"In a way, persecution will separate the genuine from the fake. If you are a true follower of Jesus, you won't back down if a little persecution comes your way," Laurie says. "And if God allows it in your life, He will give you the strength to face it."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details