The Disney company's progressive agenda is no secret—as recent films flaunt gay characters as wholesome and adorable—but it could be severely impacting their bottom line, particularly when it comes to tourist destinations.
Combined with the Orlando location, the push for LGBT inclusivity through a family-friendly norm is driving away Christian families, says C. Britt Beemer, founder and chairman of America's Research Group.
"Since the Pulse nightclub shootings a year ago in Orlando, I've observed a significant number of evangelical Christians shift their vacation plans: They will see the Ark [Encounter] instead of visiting Disney in their own backyard," Beemer says.
"As I survey these future visitors to the Ark, however, what I do find is genuine concern about how children might be influenced by the pro-gay/lesbian movement in Orlando," Beemer continues. "The city of Orlando has so much embraced the pro-gay/lesbian campaign after Pulse that many evangelical Christians worry—with justification—that this crazed jihadist attack on America was not an attack by a jihadist but by an anti-gay individual."
The Orlando Sentinel reports decreases at the Disney parks for 2016 ranged from 0.5 percent to 0.7 percent, including a drop of 97,000 visitors at Magic Kingdom.
Meanwhile, Christian-themed attractions like the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum are seeing unprecedented growth.
Beemer says the number of Floridians wanting to visit the Ark has doubled from 5.1 percent to 10.9 percent since the Pulse shooting in June 2016.
"We rejoice in seeing how God has blessed this world-renowned attraction, which is drawing visitors from all over America and dozens of countries," AiG President/CEO Ken Ham says. AiG funded both the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum. "When I give lectures in the museum's large lecture hall, I ask for a show of hands of guests who travelled here from outside our tri-state area of Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. About 95 percent of the hands go up. Also, we have several visitors from other countries each day."
The Ark Encounter is expected to have 2 million visitors within the next three years.
"It will become a viable alternative for family-vacation dollars," Beemer says.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details