The liberal taxpayer-funded PBS focused June 19's episode of its Independent Lens film series on a teen's transgenderism. Bennett (or Ben), formerly known as Rachael, "transitioned" from a girl to a boy because, as "he" it summed up, "I am a boy with the wrong body parts."
At 19 years old, Ben started taking testosterone to begin his transformation into a boy. But he says his decision was a long time in the making. He even claimed that when he was younger, he "hated using the women's restrooms."
Despite backlash from his family, Ben received support from transgender musician Joe Stevens, who helped talk with Ben about his transition and even helped fund his surgery. Along with Joe, Ben's best friend, Dylan, was also born a girl and later "transformed" into a boy. The two of them partake in the many bonds of friendship, like taking their testosterone shots at the same time and scheduling their "top surgeries" for the same day.
In the documentary, Ben takes note of the ever-growing number of "guys and girls out there who are transitioning, sharing their experiences, and sharing hope with each other."
Although Ben's mother opposes his transition at first, she ultimately comes around, thanks to Dylan's mother, who tells her, "We don't have to necessarily understand it completely and fully. We just have to support them, support them and love them." With the support of his mother finally earned, Ben is free to pursue the normal activities he wants to do. Like taking a college class on toxic masculinity.
The film manages to throw some support in Planned Parenthood's direction, too, with Ben's mother explaining that her own mother was "ahead of her time" because she supported the abortion giant.
At the end of the film, Ben asserts, "I will need to do work to, like, heal myself from how painful this has been, you know?" Because having the support of a famous musician, PBS and millions of viewers like you apparently wasn't enough.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details