In a Hollywood culture that so frequently mocks Christians and family, one star is standing out.
Last weekend, Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy) received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In his acceptance speech, the 37-year-old actor first thanked God, before turning to his wife, actress Anna Faris, and son, Jack.
"I'm a man of faith and I believe that God works in mysterious ways and gives us signs and gifts in life and those gifts oftentimes come in the form of people," he began.
One of those people, he continued, was his mom. My mother "gave absolutely everything she had to raise us, every thread, every fiber of her being," he stressed. "And we weren't—oftentimes we weren't cash-rich, but we were never love-poor."
After thanking other family members and colleagues, he turned to his wife.
"I want to thank my wife who—Anna, please, I love you. You've given me so much. You gave me the greatest star in the galaxy in my little boy," he said, referring to their 4-year-old son Jack. "I love him and I love you."
He continued his heartfelt thanks for Faris:
We have bonded to make this molecule that is more important to me than air or water and without it, none of this means anything to me. And with every challenge, every day, week, month, decade, we become more and more bonded. You make me laugh like nobody else. You're very caring and thank you for your trust and for your sacrifice and for your dedication and your heart. I will do my best to protect it and, in return, I'll give you all of those things as well. You have my heart and my dedication, my trust. So yeah, without you, none of this would be—mean anything.
Introducing her husband before his star was revealed, Faris stressed how Pratt remained by her side when Jack was born prematurely.
"We had all these amazing things already—beautiful home, great careers," she said. "And then this thing, this thing that tests us, more than anything else, comes into our lives and we were so worried."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details