Saeed Abedini, who was tortured in Iranian prison for nearly four years, has vowed to rebuild his life after multiple social media rampages.
He accused multiple people, including his estranged wife, Naghmeh, and Assemblies of God Superintendent George O. Wood, of being fueled by the Jezebel spirit.
"The Jezebel spirit seeks to gain power by destroying others. They can appear very sweet, timid and perfect so they are able to recruit others to join them," Abedini posted to Facebook just before Easter. "They do not give up until the recruits are won over. THEY LET OTHERS DO THEIR DIRTY WORK. (followers accusing me). If they are not believed they become angry."
Abedini posted multiple diatribes against some of his closest allies, including Franklin Graham, Calvary Chapel and TBN.
Abedini addressed some of the allegations, as well as abuse allegations, in another pre-Easter Facebook post.
For Naghmeh, he writes:
First I will address my arrest in 2007 which everyone says proves I am a wife beater. Naghmeh and I had an argument, as all married couples do. She slammed my laptop shut as I was speaking with my parents. I tried to pick up my laptop and leave the room. However she blocked me from being able to. She called the police. PERIOD..I never beat her. Once again their were no witnesses, just her word. The police report says there were NO MARKS FOUND. Pictures were taken--no marks. She wanted them to arrest me and they did. She wrote a letter retracting the whole story stating "Saeed did not push or threaten me in any way". It is all a matter of public record.
Second, Naghmeh did not confide in a few "close friends", as was widely reported. She sent out a mass e mail to THOUSANDS of people she never met. People who were praying for me. She made sure there would be maximum exposure by asking them to sign up for a google plus account. There were too many people in the group for regular e mail. She told them she has an URGENT UPDATE about me. That urgent update turned out to be the accusatory e mail that would end up destroying my family, reputation and ministry. It was no "leak" or mistake. When people began questioning her about the timing, about why now that I am getting released would she change her story about me, she stated that when she sent the e mail she could not have possibly known I would be getting out. Another lie.
Abedini says he is moving on.
"After today I intend to enjoy Easter with my family, and start to rebuild my life. Those who believe will believe. Those who don't never will. I don't intend on spending any more time worrying about it. I do pray God's blessings on them all, and on all of you as well."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details