The American Family Association (AFA) is nearing the one-year mark of its highly successful #BoycottTarget initiative, which has sent the strong message to the retailer that its misguided and potentially dangerous bathroom policy is the reason millions of families are no longer shopping there.
On its website, AFA points to the many incidents where an open-door bathroom policy has been—however much unwanted—an invitation to those with evil intentions to prey on others. The Family Research Council (FRC) also recently put together a list of 23 documented incidents in restrooms in the U.S. and Canada.
"We can look at incident after incident and wonder why Target isn't taking any action to reverse its terrible restroom policy that has not only alienated shoppers, decreased foot traffic in stores and caused the stock price to plummet, but has also endangered women and children in restrooms and fitting rooms," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "The number of sex offenders in the U.S. far outweighs the number of transgender Americans. So how many more incidents will it take for Target to wake up?"
Now, AFA is counting on concerned families to help take the #BoycottTarget signatures to 1.5 million. With just over 30,000 pledges needed, Wildmon will hand-deliver another 500,000 signatures to Target headquarters in Minneapolis once the important threshold is reached. Last spring, AFA representatives delivered the first million signatures to Target, but the retailer has not budged on its controversial policy, other than stating it will add single-stall restrooms in stores not already equipped with them.
This resistance on Target's part is in spite of the fact that stock prices are at their lowest point in five years, hovering at 53.
"As AFA has stated many times, our worries do not stem from fear of the transgender community," added Wildmon, "but rather, from both the real and potential threat that predators and voyeurs would take advantage of the Target bathroom policy to harm women and children—and there are plenty of incidents to show that they have."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details