Amidst the controversy over a ground-breaking gay scene in Disney's upcoming Beauty and the Beast movie, director Bill Condon and cast member Josh Gad appear to be pulling back on previously bold statements to the media about creating an "exclusively gay moment."
It's a moment many people of faith are already protesting. More than 49,000 have signed an online petition to "tell Disney no to LGBT agenda in Beauty and the Beast."
Just recently, Condon told Attitude, a European gay lifestyle magazine, about what he called "a nice, exclusively gay moment in a Disney movie" between the characters Gaston and LeFou, played by Gad.
"LeFou is somebody who on one day wants to be Gaston, and on another day, wants to kiss Gaston" he said. Condon further explained that Gad "makes something really subtle and delicious out of it."
Yet on Thursday night during the movie's world premiere, Gad and Condon gave conflicting messages. On one hand, Gad told USA Today that he's "really proud" to play LeFou, and Condon described the gay scene as a "wonderful gay moment."
Then, Gad pointed out, however, that "there was nothing in the script that said 'LeFou is gay.'"
Condon added "I think [LeFou's sexuality] has been a little overstated."
Evangelist Franklin Graham is calling on Christians to stop supporting Disney's "LGBT agenda" and boycott the movie when it comes out March 17.
One locally-owned drive-in movie theater in Alabama told Facebook fans that it will not show the movie.
"When companies continually force their views on us, we need to take a stand," said the owners.
Also this week, Disney aired its first on-screen gay kiss on a children's cartoon show.
In Star vs. the Forces of Evil, the producers show several same-sex couples kissing during a concert scene while the band sings the song "Best Friends."
While this may be the first on-screen same-sex kiss, Disney has also included a homosexual relationship in its TV show Good Luck Charlie.
And the American Family Association points this out too: "The creators of Moana mentioned in an interview with a liberal media source that they wouldn't rule out an LGBT Disney princess."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details