After a long silence, Chip and Joanna Gaines addressed recent media controversy with a beautiful blog post touting the importance of loving disagreement. And Cosmo noticed.
Titled "New Year's Revelation," the Gaines' post outlined their 2017 goal to practice and encourage love toward those with different viewpoints. "Jo and I refuse to be baited into using our influence in a way that will further harm an already hurting world," Chip Gaines wrote, obviously addressing the November 29 BuzzFeed hit piece that embroiled his family in a media firestorm.
Although Cosmo's Peggy Truong called the controversy an "anti-LGBT scandal," the writer described the post in a surprisingly positive light. In fact, it would be hard not to. The Gaineses are a light in a divided world and media landscape.
"You wanna talk about how to build bridges between people that disagree? We want to be a part of that conversation," Gaines continued. "Do you want to talk about healing and compassion and kindness and restoration? We're in the restoration business, we can for sure make time for that," the Fixer Upper star wrote.
"Disagreement is not the same thing as hate, don't believe that lie," he concluded. "We propose operating with a love so real and true that you are willing to roll up your sleeves and work alongside the very people that are most unlike you."
Chip Gaines practiced this on December 3 when he tweeted to followers: "Regardless of our decision to make a statement about all this craziness, or not, I ask that people please! Respect @KateAurthur & @ginamei." Arthur and Mei were the respective writers of the BuzzFeed hit piece and a Cosmo article that followed.
If this sweet couple had expressed biblically based views on marriage, they would be labelled "hateful" ... which is why their words are so very apt. Here's hoping that Cosmo, BuzzFeed and other liberal media outlets take note.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details