Shortly after Tullian Tchividjian announced his remarriage, a group of pastors implored the former minister to "repent of his wickedness."
"Inasmuch as Tullian Tchividjian has habitually and impenitently used his public platform, his family's good name and the name of Christ for his own selfish ends, we believe that he has disqualified himself from any form of public vocational ministry," reads the letter from a handful of fellow clergy, including Tchividjian's former senior pastor, Kevin Labby.
"For the sake of his eternal soul, we implore Tullian Tchividjian to repent of his wickedness and demonstrate his repentance by submitting himself to the leadership of his church of membership, pursuing forgiveness, healing and reconciliation with those whom he has sinned against," the letter continues.
Tchvidjian announced his new bride, Stacie Tchividjian, in November, more than a year after he resigned from Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in 2015.
Though he was defrocked after the incident, Willow Creek Church in Orlando, pastored by Labby, soon brought him onto its staff. However, Tchividjian was soon fired for "previously undisclosed" failures.
"As I have previously said both publicly and privately, I am guilty of, and I continue to grieve, some decisions I've made, some things I've said and people I've hurt throughout my entire life, but specifically in 2014 and 2015. I wish I could go back in time and do those things differently," Tchividjian writes in a Facebook post.
"I can't. Where I have been able to make amends for hurt that I have caused, I have attempted to do so. In most cases, amends have been made, and in some cases they haven't. All I can do (and have been doing) is to learn from the past and live in the present. I am very grateful for the small group of wise and godly people who are (and have been) walking through this meticulously with me. I am fully accountable to them and there is nothing that they do not know. I am now, and have been, focused on my relationship with God, my new wife Stacie, my three kids and one daughter-in-law and my grandson."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer