Love Warrior author and Momastery blog founder Glennon Doyle Melton made a bombshell announcement over the weekend: She's dating soccer star Abby Wombach.
Doyle Melton, whose new book is an Oprah Book Club selection, recently separated from her husband, Craig, for the second time.
Doyle Melton posted the announcement to her social media channels.
"Feels like the world could use all the love it can get right now. So today, I'm going to share with you my new love," Doyle Melton writes. "Her name is Abby. You might recognize her from soccer. She was one of the best players of all time, and she has been a fierce and committed advocate for women's equality for a decade. And honestly? Those are the least impressive things about her."
Doyle Melton discussed her faith in a blog post several years ago.
I believe that Jesus was God and also God's son, and that every word He said is the Truth, and that He lives and loves and breathes life into the hopeless.
I don't believe that there is another human being on Earth who is more or less worthy of His love than I.
My commitment to Jesus and His way of life does not compel me to try to convert other people, ever. I assume that others' spiritual experiences are every bit as real and sacred to them as mine are to me. If I seem different to someone and she asks why, I tell her all about my Jesus, without agenda. If not, I just assume I'm not being different enough to cause a stir. And I continue to stay as close to Him as possible, knowing that He is the Alchemist, and that every day He's making me more golden.
I love my Jesus.
The same-sex attraction announcement confused many of her followers who adhere to biblical truth.
One reader writes: "With no disrespect or judgement meant whatsoever, as you move forward will you be sharing how you reconcile your faith and belief in the Bible with acceptance of and being in same-sex relationships?"
"We don't believe that homosexuality is a sin," Doyle Melton said in a blog post. "Your parents are Christians who carefully choose what we believe and follow in the Bible. Some will tell you that this approach to Christianity is scandalous and blasphemous. But the thing is, honey, that the only thing that's scandalous about this approach is admitting it out loud. The truth is that every Christian is a Christian who picks and chooses what to follow in the Bible."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details