Moral relativism now sweeps the nation. Children are being taught that they can pursue their own truth and each person can have their own moral standards.
Deceptions like these could easily be part of the lies fueling the perversion ransacking the country.
One reader asked famed evangelist Billy Graham about this very phenomenon: "I know preachers like to tell people how bad they are and that they ought to feel guilty over their sins. But I don't feel guilty over anything, because I don't believe there's such a thing as right or wrong. What would you say to someone like me?"
The evangelist was not afraid to speak the Truth.
The first thing I'd say to you is that your letter made me very sad. By believing that nothing is either right or wrong, you are putting your faith in something that simply isn't true—and eventually your disregard for right and wrong will hurt both you and others. The Bible warns, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness" (Is. 5:20).
But the second thing I'd say to you is that I seriously doubt if you actually believe there is no such thing as right and wrong—even if you think you do. Aren't you outraged when someone abuses a child, or hates someone of another race, or deceives his or her spouse, or swindles someone in business? Aren't you outraged when a politician takes a bribe or an athlete cheats? Of course you are—because in your heart you know these are morally wrong.
The real question, however, is this: What place does God have in your life? You know the answer: You have rejected Him and turned your back on His moral standards. And the reason is because you don't want Him to interfere with your way of living.
But God loves you, and He doesn't want you to end up destroying your life. That's why I urge you to turn to Jesus Christ and submit your life to His control. His promise is true: "If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer