The next frontier of marriage appears to be sologamy—that is, to marry oneself.
"Self-Marriage is a commitment to valuing and prioritizing self-love and self-care within a culture that has neglected it, left it behind, commercialized and dehumanized it. Self-Marriage is a commitment to being there for yourself, to choosing the livelihood and lifestyle that will help you grow and blossom into the most alive, beautiful and deeply happy person you can be. Self-Marriage is a way to formalize, proclaim, share and sanctify self-love. It can be honored as a concept in itself, through a physical ceremony and regularly through one-on-one sessions to help grow and build this marriage," according to selfmarriageceremonies.com.
Sologamy is reportedly more popular among women.
And while biblically, Paul tells us singleness is a gift, he didn't feel the need to specify to indulge yourself.
Rather, he tells the Corinthians each man should have his own wife and each wife her own husband.
Self-marriage is not legal in any country, but that has yet to stop people from committing themselves for all eternity.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.