Grammy-award winner Israel Houghton is ready to wed again.
The former Lakewood Church worship leader, who announced his divorce earlier this year, proposed to girlfriend Adrienne Bailon in Paris.
"I have seen and felt the essence of Gods grace through the life, the kindness and the courage of this woman," Houghton posted to Instagram.
"I've seen her attacked, lied about, wrongfully accused, mocked, laughed at, and misunderstood. But, I've also seen the shining example of the eagle she is that rises above the cacophony of the noise of ignorants- I'm learning from her example. She loves Jesus. She loves her family. She loves people. Even the ones that don't love her back. I pray God give me that same grace in my life. I've taken a giant leap of faith in asking her to share life with me forever and to give me a shot at getting it right this time... She has graciously granted my request... She said yes. Thanks Be To God. Thank you@adriennebailon for graciously loving me."
Bailon posted a quick clip of her sparkler shining bright under the twinkling lights of the Eiffel Tower.
"You. Me. Oui," read her post.
"I met Adrienne Bailon a bit over 2 years ago, we worked together & became friends... Our circles connected & we remained good friends. From a friendship, as two single adults we have very recently begun to explore a dating relationship," he wrote.
Bailon is a singer-songwriter, actress, dancer and television personality from New York City's lower eastside, according to her website. Her first claim to fame was the successful award-winning hip-hop, soul and R&B girl group 3LW before joining The Cheetah Girls.
Bailon now co-hosts The Real with Jeannie Mai, Tamar Braxton, Loni Love and Tamera Mowry-Housely.
Bailon appeared in the Houghton-produced film I'm In Love With a Church Girl.
Houghton vehemently denies cheating on his wife with Bailon.
"Where I shared, or as some have pointed out 'over-shared' my failure in my marriage... From over 5 years prior. It seems to be simple math that I had not even yet met Adrienne during the time my marriage was falling apart," Houghton said.
"It deeply saddens me that an innocent party would be dragged into this situation that I have taken personal responsibility for. Adrienne is a woman of integrity & character... Most of all she is a true friend, and she should not be blamed for my past indiscretions. I assure you - I am willing to own my wrongs and I have in the past. God knows & sees all things. I appreciate your prayers, and I join you in praying for the issues of life that truly matter today all over the world."
Many have offered the couple congratulations via social media.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details