Israel Houghton praised God's unflinching love in a recent Instagram post after months of controversy.
The former worship leader for Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church writes:
One day it just clicks.... You realize what and who is important and what and who isn't. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize that you're better off with 5 true friends and loved ones who love you no matter what- than to have 500 friends who only love you when you/ your gift make them or their brand look good. You see just how far you've come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that they'd never recover. And then you smile... You smile because God is so good and faithful in His unflinching love - you smile because you are truly proud of yourself, and the person you fought hard to become. You smile because you have 5 people who helped you in that fight; and are still standing, or sitting... In Greece. In Peace.
Many of his fans posted messages of support for the musician, who is still dating fellow singer Adrienne Bailon.
"I've been there, 4 years ago!, so I understand how it feels!, BUT GOD"
And another said: "@ihoughton now you know what David must've gone through and guess what...his God inspired words and music STILL inspire and resound true TODAY, thousands of years later! #messbecomesmessage #testbecomestestimony #aftergreattrialcomesgreattriumph."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details