Want to ignite a debate between Christians? Ask them if believers should consume alcohol.
Chances are, you'll find people firmly on both sides, convinced their position is the biblical way.
After pastor Perry Noble resigned his megachurch post because of alcohol addiction, another fellow leader weighed in—Mark Driscoll.
"I didn't drink any alcohol until I was 30 years of age. I abstained, I was just afraid I might get into trouble," Driscoll says. "I wanted to obey my conscience. My wife, meanwhile, there was no alcohol abuse in her family history, and so she didn't have a problem having a glass of wine with dinner early on in our marriage, and I didn't judge her, she didn't judge me."
Driscoll says attitudes on drinking fall into three specific categories, and breaks it down in his video newsletter.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.