Proverbs 31 Ministries President Lysa TerKeurst recently underwent significant surgery to remove half her colon.
The results could have been devastating, but the power of prayer saved her life.
"Lysa, I don't like throwing around the word miracle. But the fact you survived this is a miracle. The pathology report showed your cells were in a state of death," TerKeurst recalls her doctor saying.
I had no words. Except "thank you." Thank You, God. Thank you friends who prayed me through this. Thank you to this surgeon who finally figured out why I was in excruciating pain for days and days in that hospital bed.
Thank you that I still get to do life. So, here I sit. But this quiet Monday morning is different.
I have a sacred realization. I have 15 staples in my belly. And I have a complete refocus on just how precious every second of every day truly is.
Might we all dare to whisper "it's a gift" to God today.
When the baby is crying and the deadlines are pressing and the stress is mounting and the enemy whispers "just get through this crappy day." Look up and shame the enemy back to hell by acknowledging today is a gift.
A gift from a good, good Father. And then look, seek, and dive deeply into what a true gift it is.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.