Gwen Stefani's new album could be a departure from her typical work, if recent comments are any indication.
Stefani is the co-founder and lead singer of rock band No Doubt, and she has released several successful solo singles, including "Hollaback Girl" and "The Sweet Escape." Her third solo album, This Is What The Truth Feels Like, debuted in stores today.
In a recent interview with Refinery29, Stefani said writing her new album was an intensely personal and spiritual experience.
She said, "Then we wrote a song called "Rocket Ship," and that's when the label said to me, 'Listen, we think this overall album you're writing is too personal. We don't think people are going to relate. You should just put out an art record.' And I was like, 'Are you kidding me? I'm literally channeling God here. I'm saving my own life with this record and you come and punch me in the face?'"
Did Stefani get a touch from God? Let's keep praying for her.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.