Disney Channel's Girl Meets World star Rowan Blanchard sees Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards as her role model, according to a recent interview with Paper Magazine.
The interview is a one-on-one conversation between the 14-year-old and Richards, discussing why they believe teenage girls should know where their local Planned Parenthood clinic is.
"I think your impact on the Internet has had a huge effect on people my age, because it's anonymous and it's safe," Rowan tells Richards.
Rowan says she's speaking out because she's noticed teenage girls have a "deep place of shame about their bodies and everything that they're taught from a young age.
"I think the new wave of women on social media who are allowing themselves to just be themselves is opening doors for a lot of young girls who wouldn't otherwise have that kind of affirmation to be allowed to be themselves, which is cool," Rowan says.
And while the starlet's attitude may be empowering by the world's standards, her words raise a red flag for Life Site News' Emily Derois.
"Young women and parents alike should find it extremely disconcerting that the 14-year-old actress is looking to Planned Parenthood's CEO as her role model," Derois writes. "There are so many inspirational women who defended women and the unborn, women like Mother Teresa and Alice Paul. Cecile Richards makes her living off of aborting future women, and therefore should not be any feminist's role model."
Rowan's Planned Parenthood comments are far from the actress' first brush with progressive ideals.
In January, the 14-year-old told Twitter followers she identifies as "queer," even though, "In my life – only ever liked boys."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details