Is one of today's most famed atheists making a flip-flop?
According to several articles now circulating, Richard Dawkins says he has mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, "in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse."
Though the quote originally appeared in a 2010 article, the significance remains, especially with the rise of the Islamic state and radical Islamic terror.
"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings. I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death," Dawkins said.
Dawkins is right, according to several Christian commentators.
"Indeed, while many may claim to be 'Christian,' the word only applies to those who are justified in Christ, spiritually reborn and regenerated through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit," writes barbwire.com's Matt Barber. "The true Christian walks in Christ's steps through faith and obedience. Terrorism is in direct disobedience to Christ."
Though some secularists point to the Planned Parenthood shooting as "Christian terrorism," those who truly know Christ disagree.
"As for those 'anti-abortion extremists,' their actions have been condemned by all major pro-life groups as well as by all major Christian leaders involved in the pro-life movement, since, by murdering another human being, they violate the very spirit of being 'pro-life,'" writes Charisma News' Dr. Michael Brown.
"More importantly, there is not a single word in the teaching of Jesus or the New Testament that supports murdering an abortion doctor (or worker), nor is there anything in ancient Christian tradition or example that would support this," Brown continues.
When someone truly knows the power of Christ, they can't help but be changed, and even the world's most famous atheist recognizes that God is protecting us from evil.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details