In an age where Christianity appears to be on the decline, one might expect Hollywood to be leading the trend.
Not necessarily, according to the words and actions of some of today's hottest celebrities.
In recent interviews and social media postings, several entertainers have opened up about the influence of God in their lives.
Take Angela Bassett, for example. The actress takes a Matthew 6:24 approach in her new interview with Parade.
"Everyone is going to serve something and that can become the center of their existence," she tells the magazine. "Mine is love of God and faith, as opposed to fame and money."
Bassett isn't the only one looking to God as her master.
Earlier this month, rap superstar Nicki Minaj tweeted: "Blessed. Highly favored. Grateful. Thankful. In love. In love with the Lord's mercy ..."
Her declaration comes nearly a year after she revealed to Rolling Stone how her high school abortion still haunts her.
Another musician who is turning to God in a time of crisis? Gwen Stefani. The recently divorced The Voice coach attended church with rumored boyfriend Blake Shelton, according to reports by The Daily Mail.
And while Stefani was going to church, other prominent figures were bringing church to others.
Take the Charlotte Hornets' Jeremy Lin, for example. The recent transfer reportedly started a Bible study to feed the spiritual hunger of his teammates.
And through Oprah's Master Class, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson revealed his struggle with depression and how faith was the catalyst to overcoming his struggles.
"Hold on to that fundamental quality of faith. Have faith," Johnson says. "And on the other side of your pain is something good."
Five might not seem consequential in a world of evil, but it's more than all the righteous men the Lord found in Sodom and Gomorrah.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details