In 2004, former Nickelodeon teen star Kel Mitchell says his life was falling apart as his marriage to Tyisha Hampton was ending.
"I felt like I'd hit a wall," Mitchell, 37, told PEOPLE. "I was like, 'Okay. I need to figure out what I need to do in my life.'"
While dealing with his divorce, Mitchell says he had encountered a "confusion moment" in his life.
"I have been through so many ups and downs in my life," Mitchell wrote on his blog. "Suicidal, divorce, drug and alcohol usage, deep in sin, dealing with the loss of loved ones to gang violence, debt, hurt, pain, vanity, lust, heartbreak, feeling LOST looking for answers."
At that time, the former star of Nickelodeon's All That says he decided to return to the faith he learned while growing up on the South Side of Chicago where his grandfather was a pastor.
"I was trying to figure it all out on my own. But what I needed to do was turn to Him," says Mitchell, who now stars in the new Nickelodeon sitcom Game Shakers. "Once I found that clarity with Christ, I knew everything would work out."
Today, Mitchell says he's found "peace" thanks to God.
"I enjoy living this life," Mitchell says. "I don't let things frustrate or worry me anymore. I don't do that because I have peace in my heart. I have God."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details