Christianity could revolutionize the cultural landscape if each of us were to take five minutes with Jesus each day, author and speaker Sheila Walsh says.
Believers often get caught up in the headlines—from the Islamic State to the Supreme Court to the end times—that they forget the power of prayer. And when they do pray, Walsh says, Christians have a "give, give, give" attitude above the "let my life be a gift for you."
To counteract this, the former 700 Club host and current speaker in the Women of Faith line-up is challenging believers to take five minutes to spend with Jesus. That's it—five minutes.
Walsh's ultimate goal is to motivate women, in particular, to the power of prayer. How often do Christians determine prayer as a last-ditch effort rather than the first, primary weapon? More often than we should.
"There is no force in the world greater than when women pray," Walsh says. "... When God's girls get a picture of powerful prayer, they join together and things shift."
Culture would be revolutionized for the kingdom if each of us stopped blabbing about the negatives and focused, instead, on God's forgiveness.
"The real gift of forgiveness sets you free," Walsh says. "It's God's gift to us to live in a world that's not fair. Forgiveness is huge because the enemy has nothing in his arsenal to fight forgiveness. You choose to forgive to silence the enemy."
But frequently, women forego time with their Creator because they put their eyes on their families, work, errands and "Me-time."
The enemy is using those time challenges to create strongholds on earth. By neglecting her prayer life, a woman puts herself in a position to fall victim to lies.
"We're all incredibly busy and there are so many demands on our time," Walsh says. "We live in world that's really shifting as we see a rise of evil in unprecedented ways. Many feel it's not long before Christ returns again, and my passion is to help women be strong until then, to stand in the midst of what's true."
Christians have the power to transform the world with their prayers. Walsh says.
The key to opening the heavens and seeing the power of the Holy Spirit is for Christians to live their lives according to Romans 12. In the words of Paul, to be living sacrifices.
Or in the words of Walsh: "'I'm taking time to offer to You. I pray my life will bless You.' We want God to bless us, but we should pray to bless Him."
Then, and only then, will we see our world change for God.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details