Though The Learning Channel has canceled 19 Kids and Counting, they are not totally through with the Duggar family.
In light of Josh Duggar's abuse allegations, the network has been working on a documentary about child abuse that will feature Jill Duggar Dillard and Jessa Duggar Seewald. The sisters told Fox's Megyn Kelly they were among their brother's victims.
"TLC has been especially concerned for the victims in this situation, including the Duggar family, and it is our hope that this effort will help those in need learn where to turn for information and help," the network wrote in a statement on their website.
The documentary is working with child-abuse prevention organizations RAINN and Darkness To Light.
RAINN, which stands for Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network, has spent more than a decade collecting facts and statistics about sexual abuse, and has helped more than 1.5 million people through their hotline.
Darkness to Light's mission statement is to empower people to eliminate sexual abuse.
"At Darkness to Light, we believe that preventing child sexual abuse is an adult responsibility, and that education is critical for prevention," the organization says in a statement. "Children have the right to grow up healthy and safe – this is a pivotal moment for all adults to learn how to protect them. Since 2000, Darkness to Light has trained nearly one million adults how to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse."
The abuse within the Duggar family reflects startling statistics about sexual abuse in America. According to RAINN, more than one-third of child abuse victims are attacked by family members. Forty-four percent of sexual abuse victims are under the age of 18, and a whopping 80 percent are under 30.
However, Seewald says reports of her brother being a child molester are "so overboard and a lie."
Regarding the TLC documentary, the Duggar family wrote the following on their personal website: "God's faithfulness and goodness to us, along with His abundant grace, have given us strength and joy even in the most difficult days.
"We have committed to Him that in all things—difficulties or success, good times or bad—we will purpose to bring Him honor by staying true to our faith and our family.
"We look forward to working with TLC on this upcoming special documentary and hope that it is an encouragement to many.
"We know Who holds the future and are confident that He will work all things together for good."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.