Saturday, internationally known evangelist and author John Bevere sent out a Facebook post directed to pastors in hopes of mobilizing preachers to use their pulpits to address the United States Supreme Court's ruling yesterday on same-sex marriage.
The Supreme Court ruled by a 5-4 vote that same-sex marriage would be allowed in all 50 states, and that it is now the law of the land.
In a short message, Bevere asked preachers to "speak the truth in love," but not to be silent about what God's Word says on the subject. Bevere said on Facebook:
"To my fellow Christian leaders in the United States: Tomorrow is a crucial day. Tomorrow we need to speak to the people we pastor. Our nation made a decision to take a huge step further away from Our Creator yesterday. God spoke through the prophet Isaiah, "For the leaders of my people—the Lord's watchmen, his shepherds ... are like silent watchdogs that give no warning when danger comes" (Isaiah 56:10, NLT).
"It saddens my heart to see what our government leaders have done, but what is heartbreaking is the responses that so many 'Christians' are posting on their social media. Many are saying, 'love wins.' How can 'believers in Jesus' say this?
One reason is that they've not been properly warned. Paul the Apostle states, "Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God" (1 Cor. 6:9-10, NLT).
"We should tell our people to LOVE ALL mankind, but to hate the sin that ensnares them, and keeps them from truly knowing our wonderful Jesus. Don't be silent tomorrow. Speak the truth IN LOVE."
John Bevere and his wife, Lisa, are the founders of Messengers International ministry. He is the author of several books, including the best-seller The Bait of Satan.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details