For many years, the most popular acronym for those in the gay community has been "L.G.B.T," which stands for Lesbian. Gay. Bisexual and Transgendered. Recently, they added the letter "Q". The "Q" can stand for either "queer" or "questioning" (someone who still isn't sure of their sexual identity).
This is where things get a bit complex. Once the gay rights movement began gaining power, all sorts of letters, representing all sorts of different sexual preferences, started to be added to the mix. As it now stands, the acronym has grown. The most-recently updated acronym is now:
"L.G.B.T.Q.Q.I.P.2S.A.A" (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Pansexual, 2-Spirited, Asexual and Ally)
One young woman we spoke to identified herself as G.R.S.M or a Gender Sexual Romantic Minority.
Confused yet? Just wait.
MRCTV was at the Supreme Court during oral arguments in the latest case in the battle over gay marriage—where we asked some gay-rights supporters if they could explain the meaning, and distinctions, of some of these terms.
Some other sexual orientation and gender terms include:
Gender queer, gender fluid, gender-less, gynesexual, bigender, transsexual, transvestite, transitioning, agender, poly gender, androgynous, androsexual, pangender, omnisexual, omnigender, Demi sexual, skoliosexual, cisgender, third gender and boydyke.
Some of these words are so new that my spell-checker is having an aneurysm.
As you can see in the video, some of these terms overlap with each other. But, it would appear that the lesson is that, in the gay community these days, the lines separating gender and sexual preference are either being infinitely expanded or completely blurred.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details