The Song is about an aspiring singer-songwriter whose life and marriage suffer when the song he writes for his wife propels him to stardom. The stars of Duck Dynasty have endorsed the film, which hits theaters Friday.
"I want to encourage you to grab your spouse and go check out The Song," says Willie Robertson, Duck Dynasty star and CEO of Duck Commander. "It is an incredible movie. Korie and I watched it—and we loved it. So do yourself a favor and go see it."
Korie Robertson adds: "I have the perfect date night for you. Go get your tickets to The Song—for this weekend. Take your honey—take 'em out for a dinner—and a nice movie, and you will enjoy it, I promise."
Duck Dynasty matriarch Kay Robertson—known as Miss Kay—also encouraged audiences to go see the film.
"Ladies, I'm gonna tell you what you need to do this weekend. Grab your husbands, your boyfriends, girls—whoever it takes—and go see The Song. You will love it, and they will too. It'll be worth it!"
The Robertsons' endorsement comes alongside the launch of a new campaign called TheSongDateNight.com by Faith Driven Consumer, the group behind the IStandWithPhil.com movement that played a leading role in Phil Robertson's return to Duck Dynasty.
"Faith Driven Consumers share a strong bond with the Robertson family, and their endorsement of this faith- and music-driven film will have significant impact," says the group's founder, Chris Stone. "The Song hits all the right notes, weaving beards and banjos into a compelling, deeply touching story about love, marriage and commitment.
"We're proud to promote The Song through our TheSongDateNight.com campaign and encourage our community to respond to the Robertsons' call to grab a date and see this incredible film together."
Through the campaign, which begins Wednesday, Faith Driven Consumers are enabled to promote The Song and also enter to win a free $30 date night movie gift card to see the movie. Every day this week, Faith Driven Consumer is giving away two date nights as part of the campaign.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details