Christian NBA player Jeremy Lin recently opened up about the sins he struggles with.
The 25-year-old Lakers guard admitted he is not as humble as some people may believe in a question-and-answer session on Facebook during what he called Fan Appreciation Week.
"I'm not humble. Pride is [the] greatest sin I struggle with," Lin wrote. "But I'd say as I get older, go through more experiences in life and face tougher obstacles, I realize that I'm more sinful and need God more than I ever imagined."
Lin, one of the NBA's few Asian-American players, rose to fame in February 2012 when he scored 25 points in one game with the New York Knicks and led the team to a seven-game winning streak. He became the first player in NBA history to score at least 20 points and have seven assists in each of his first four starting games, which led to the phenomenon known as "Linsanity."
He spent the next two seasons with the Houston Rockets, where he averaged a mere 28 minutes a game. But the Christian athlete is ready to put what he's learned to use and begin a new chapter with the Los Angeles Lakers.
"When I look back on not just this past year but maybe the past two years, I think I've learned and grown a lot as a person, as a Christian and as a basketball player," he told reporters last month, according to nba.com. "From the minute I stepped into Houston until now, I'm definitely a much more complete player. I've learned how to do a lot of things I maybe never had to do before."
However, Lin said he is not trying to relive his banner season with the Knicks.
"It's been a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm not trying to recreate Linsanity. I'm not trying to be that phenomenon that happened in New York. I think I just want to be myself, more than ever," he said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details