New York Times best-selling author, entertainer and singer Demi Lovato is convinced the God she knows and loves would never reject LGBT lovers.
"The LOVING God that I believe in would never condemn anyone for loving another human of the same sex. That's just what I believe, and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs," Lovato told her 23 million Twitter followers.
Lovato remembers learning about God's unconditional love as a little girl and says it made a lasting impact on her life.
"I grew up learning in Sunday school and Bible camps about a God who loves all--no matter where you came from or what you've done. A man named Jesus who forgives people of all sins, including horrible things like murder, if you simply ask for forgiveness and accept him into your heart," she said. "Now I'm no Bible thumper, but I truly believe that same Lord and savior loves ALL no matter who you are or where you've come from and especially who you love."
Lovato, who guest-starred on the television show Glee last season as a lesbian, is upset that folks are judging the LGBT--short for "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender"--community for the way they express their love to one another.
"It really breaks my heart, and I'll never be able to understand why this world can't learn to accept one another for who they are without passing judgment," she said. "You are not God, therefore leave the judging to him."
Why are more and more people who were raised in church coming to the conclusion that God is OK with same-sex romantic relationships?
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details