At a time when violence rages throughout the world—from Israel to Ukraine to Iraq—Reba McEntire has released a video for her song "Pray for Peace."
The video, which the country singer released on her Facebook page Monday, features peoples' pleas for peace and tranquility.
"The idea to write the song 'Pray For Peace' came to me last year as I was walking on our place in Gallatin," Tennessee, McEntire explained. "For days, I'd sing 'Pray for Peace' over and over. It wasn't until several months later did the other parts start to fall in place. Some, not until we got into the studio to record it."
The singer and actress called the song "a gift from God," writing that she has never worked on a track as long as she did on this one.
"It went from a bass drum, fiddle and singers to guest artists singing with me, adding more instruments and even a choir and a bagpipe," she continued.
"It's an act of perseverance, prayer, hope, fellowship and mostly love."
The video has received wide attention, with more than 200,000 shares in 24 hours. It has also been liked more than 155,000 times and has more than 22,000 comments.
"Thank you all so much for commenting on the song and video," McEntire commented Monday. "I pray it touches your heart as much as it does mine."
Click below to hear "Pray for Peace" and watch the video.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details