The Robertson family is hardly your typical charismatic clan, but that doesn't mean the wise wives of the bearded men don't recognize spiritual warfare when they see it.
Missy Robertson, the wife of Jase Robertson, told CNSNews.com there's "definitely" spiritual warfare coming against the family. She specifically spoke the rush of criticism around the family patriarch, Phil Robertson, after his GQ interview made his biblical views about homosexuality clear to the world.
"So, and if you know anything about Phil Robertson, you know he's not going to be bullied," she told CNSNews.com. "No, he's not. He's self-assured. A lot of people thought that what he was talking about in that [GQ] interview was his own opinions. But he was quoting Scripture. He knows the Scriptures so well, he didn't need to go get the Bible and lay it out. He just started quoting. So, that's where I think people were misled, that's just coming out of his mouth as an opinion, but it wasn't."
A&E briefly suspended Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty because he expressed disagreement with gays in a GQ interview. In the January issue, he called homosexuality a sin and used the words "bestiality" and "promiscui
"It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man's anus," he told GQ. "That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."
Asked if he thought homosexuality was sinful, he said, "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."
Of course, Robertson didn't single out gays. He also stressed, "Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."
Despite the spiritual warfare, Missy Robertson says the family is trying to show Jesus through love and not judgment and criticism.
"We don't want to be looked at that way," she says. "Jesus came here, yes, with the sword to make sure that people knew right from wrong. But that's not for us to decide. God is the judge, not us."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details