Pastor Rudy Rasmus of Houston megachurch St. Johns Downtown says he doesn't read the tabloids, but based on personal knowledge, he has nothing but the highest praise for Beyoncé Knowles.
Rasmus, who officiated Knowles' wedding to Jay-Z, says Knowles has donated millions to the church's ministry to the homeless and impoverished, in which she's been involved since childhood.
"She's an incredible human being. Has an incredible heart and has been extremely helpful in our mission and our ministry here," he told a Houston news outlet.
Knowles is no stranger to controversy among Christians, in the past finding herself in trouble for her unwholesome performances and Instagram taboos, although she seems to retain some of her church roots.
But none of this seems to matter to her pastor, who bases his opinion of her completely on love, "period."
"Love never fails. A lot of things will fail but love will never disappoint you," Rasmus noted, paraphrasing 1 Corinthians 13 in defense of unconditional love.
Conversely, the Bible also exhorts Christians to base our opinions based off of the fruits of a person's life and conduct—their fruit (Matthew 7:20-21).
Rasmus says there are "literally no borders" on who can be considered a part of their extended church family.
Still, Rasmus' approach to pastoring a celebrity is amiable. Rather than trusting the media, he validates his information "with a conversation with the individual."
"I'm glad she's a friend of mine," Rasmus said.
Watch KHOU 11's interview with Rasmus here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.