This is a powerful little video. Before you watch it, let me offer a few caveats.
I posted this for married people to watch, particularly those who are struggling in their marriages. If you are at a place of struggle at home where divorce is looking like a pretty good option for everyone (including your kids), then this is for you.
If you are currently divorced, you may want to watch this. The perspectives of this child might remind you to handle your kids very carefully as you interact with your spouse. The impact of divorce on kids is, of course, far-reaching.
If you are what I will call the "victim" of divorce (you are single because your spouse abandoned you at some point), I encourage you to move along. There's nothing to see here. You probably could have written what this kid is saying, and you know the impact of what he is sharing. The last thing I want to do is make anyone feel guilt or condemnation.
May we all be aware of the impact that our adult decisions have on the little people in our wake. And may we all walk daily in the redemption that God offers to each of us through Jesus.
God help us all.
Barrett Johnson is the Minister to Families at Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia. He is also the founder of INFO for Families and the author of The Talks: A Parent's Guide to Critical Conversations about Sex, Dating, and Other Unmentionables.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.