"Gay marriage... is that an issue that's, for you, against the rules?" asked HuffPost Live host Marc Lamont Hill. "You know, it would be, but I don't really focus on a lot of those things. I try to stay in my lane of what I feel called to do.
"That's not my core message," Osteen explained. Joel Osteen has been publicly criticized in the past for downplaying the issue of homosexuality. In this interview, Osteen noted that while his stance is the biblical one, he does not want to give the issue disproportionate focus within his ministry.
"It's easy to take one issue, and to become known for that, or to let it sidetrack your message," Osteen elaborated.
See the interview clip below:
See the original article at Christian Life News.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details