Colorado's Civil Rights Commission is ordering Christian bakery owner Jack Phillips to make wedding cakes for same-sex couples.
According to the seven-member commission, Phillips' religious convictions do not trump the state's anti-discrimination statutes.
"I can believe anything I want, but if I'm going to do business here, I'd ought to not discriminate against people," Commissioner Raju Jaram said.
Friday's unanimous ruling upholds a judge's finding in December that Phillips violated civil rights law when he refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple in 2012.
Meanwhile, Phillips, a devout Christian, said the decision violates his First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and religion.
"I will stand by my convictions until somebody shuts me down," he told reporters.
Phillips' lawyer said she may appeal the ruling to Colorado Court of Appeals.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.