Actor Kevin Sorbo has some harsh words for comedian Bill Maher, who recently called God a “psychotic mass murderer” while discussing the upcoming film Noah.
“All I can do is feel sad for the guy because I think he’s a very angry, lonely man,” Sorbo said in an interview with Newsmax to promote his new film, God’s Not Dead, which released Friday. “There’s no reason to try and talk to a guy like that because he has so much hate."
“I wonder what happened to him in his lifetime,” the actor added. “The atheists I’ve met—not all of them are angry. I’ve got some very good friends who are atheists. They just don’t believe. They simply don’t believe. We’ve had great debates. ... [Maher just] has so much hate.”
The actor continued, “Morals are declining, the country is going under. We are getting worse and worse, and everything is OK, according to half the population of this country. Not everything is OK.”
Sorbo, who plays an atheist professor in God’s Not Dead, has also spoken out about the stigma Christians face in Hollywood.
“There’s a negativity towards Christians in Hollywood,” ChristianHeadlines.com reports him saying. “And a negativity towards people who believe in God.”
The actor who once played Hercules says he has noticed a difference in how he is treated in Hollywood since he publicly came out as a Christian. He says he has not been offered as many roles as he was in the past, and he doesn’t understand why his faith should affect his work.
“I don’t begrudge them—why do they begrudge me?” he asked.
Sorbo believes Hollywood will stop treating Christians negatively when believers stand up for their beliefs.
“The silent majority is starting to get annoyed with what’s going on,” he says. “I think more people need to start speaking about it instead of just sitting there and taking it. ... It’s happening; you’re getting attacked; you need to stand up for yourself and your beliefs.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details