The Kardashians used to be the queens of reality TV, but now they’re looking more like court jesters after an embarrassing ratings decline in their ninth season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
The show garnered its lowest rating in three years.
But why is America no longer interested in keeping up with the Kardashians?
Maybe it’s Kim Kardashian’s 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries.
Maybe it’s the drug use and sexualization rampant in the show.
Maybe it’s the 58-year-old mom posting photos of herself in a tiny black bikini.
Or maybe it’s because the majority of Americans have a completely different set of values than the once-princesses of reality TV.
Thankfully (or not) we live in a country with more than 200 channels available at our fingertips and a wonderful invention called the remote. With the touch of a button, Americans are leaving the Kardashians faster than a Kim and Kris marriage and tuning into the bearded family of Duck Dynasty and several other family-friendly reality shows.
One of the newest shows coming up in the family-friendly reality slate is Deion’s Family Playbook, which is sure to be a ratings hit with the combination of Deion Sanders’ witty and funny personality and the pro-faith and pro-family message of the show. Check out the clip below for a sample.
UP TV also produces a great reality show called Bulloch Family Ranch, about a family that takes troubled teens into their home and helps them get their lives back on track.
Try not to cry when you watch this clip:
A trip to Duck Dynasty’s headquarters or the Bulloch family ranch might be the trick to get the Kardashians back on top of reality TV.
This article originally appeared on Movieguide.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details